Thursday, August 16, 2007

A possible solution

When I was teenager, I used to play exclusively e4 when playing the white pieces. With black I played the Sicilian dragon, closed Ruy Lopez and King's Indian - rarely anything else.

During the last years I have played almost exclusively Sicilian Najdorf and Stonewall Dutch. It seems I have to adjust my opening repertoire to my tactical abilities, thus I think I should not continue trying my luck with Najdorf. I just dont have time to study the Sicilian Defense. The French might be a solution for me. So far I have played the French only once in a tournament game.

I suppose I should adjust also my white openings to this repertoire: in future I will play Nf3 followed by c4 and/or g3. RĂ©ti and English opening should be my main weapons in the future.

No comments: